Wednesday 25 January 2012

We love to design... a retro design for an accountancy firm near Sheffield

Opposite this post you'll see that I recommend my 'straight-talking accountant', Robert Tippett of Leesing Marrison Lee & Co.

I thought I'd write a quick post on a little project we've just completed for them to advertise their new referral scheme. Robert, like many of our clients, wanted us to 'just put something together' for them. So, we came up with a little concept which we think will help grab the attention of his clients.

So often I see the professional services opting for the same old, same old... pictures of people in suits, the stereotypical 'shaking hands', the boring 'we're serious about business' blue. I wanted Robert's promotion to look different because Robert isn't your stereotypical accountant (this being a good thing!).

So, we went for a retro, tongue-in-cheek approach. Retro is all the rage at the moment and I know that the theme isn't new but I think this is the best approach to getting the promotion noticed against the usual paperwork that you get through from your accountant. And I don't think it ever does any harm to inject some humour into your marketing, so long as it doesn't undermine the professionalism of the company.

So here's a couple of pictures of the flyer, produced on a high gloss finish for maximum impact. Simple but effective, I'm sure you'll agree:



I'm very pleased with how they look and I'm looking forward to finding out how the campaign works for Robert. And of course, if you decide to use Robert's services once you've read this post, make sure you tell me because I'll be onto Robert for my commission!

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Anything to add? I'd love to hear from you. And if you like my blog, I'd really appreciate it if you'd share it on Twitter or Google+ it.